The holiday season is definitely one of my favorite times of year! You get to eat a lot of cookies and hot coco, spend extra time with your friends and family, and everything feels so warm and sparkly.
I know it’s December when I am sitting by the fire reading a book and snacking on this amazing and festive peppermint bark. But let’s be real for a second.. the holidays are also stressful. If you decide to make this peppermint bark cannabis infused, one piece of this will definitely help you stay relaxed and happy. Also your holiday parties are sure to be extra merry if you bring these infused treats! Even if you don’t make the peppermint bark cannabis infused, chocolate still makes everything better.
This peppermint bark also makes a great homemade gift – especially for the cannabis enthusiast in your life! When giving edibles as a gift always make sure that they are clearly labeled!
- 7 oz High quality dark chocolate chopped
- 7 oz High quality white chocolate chopped
- 1 tsp Peppermint extract divided
- 1/3 cup Candy canes chopped
Line a 8x8 baking pan with aluminum foil, smoothing out any wrinkles.
Chop the dark chocolate and the white chocolate into small pieces.
Place a large heat safe glass bowl over a simmering pot of water, and put in half of the dark chocolate. Stir until melted.
Remove the bowl from the heat and add 1/2 tsp peppermint extract. Working a few pieces at a time stir in the reserved dark chocolate until all of the chocolate is melted together.
Pour the dark chocolate into the baking pan, and use a spoon to smooth the chocolate evenly throughout the pan. Drop the pan on the counter a few times to work out any air bubbles.
Set the pan in the fridge until the dark chocolate is completely hardened, about 15-20 minutes.
Repeat the same process for the white chocolate.
After the white chocolate is completely melted, quickly spread the white chocolate mixture over the dark chocolate. Sprinkle the chopped candy canes over the top, and gently press into the white chocolate.
Refrigerate until fully set.
Remove the peppermint bark from the baking dish and cut into even squares.
Make this recipe cannabis infused:
- To make this recipe cannabis infused mix 1-3 tbs of cannabutter into the dark chocolate with the peppermint extract after you remove the chocolate from the heat!
- To determine how much cannabutter you should use, check out this article on dose and potency.
- Divide your total estimated THC potency by the number of squares of peppermint bark to determine approximately how many milligrams of THC are in each square.