Lately I’ve had to be out the door by 7:00 am every morning. This does not leave me a lot of time to make myself breakfast. Since I can not skip breakfast and still expect make it through my day, I’ve been making myself lots of these tasty breakfast burritos. Less than an hour of time invested on Sunday can have you eating tasty ready made breakfast burritos all week long!
Make Ahead Breakfast Burritos
- 6 tortillas or wraps of your choice I use Rudi’s Bakery Spelt Tortillas
- ½ lb turkey breakfast sausage Don’t go frozen or precooked on this. I get fresh turkey breakfast sausage from the meat counter at Whole Foods
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup pico de gallo drained
- 2 tbs diced green chilies
- reduced fat white American cheese Just regularly sliced from your deli counter
Remove the turkey sausage from its casing and brown, making sure to break the turkey up into tiny pieces. Drain any fat, and remove the turkey sausage to a plate.
Whisk 6 eggs with a generous splash of skim milk. Mix in the pico de gallo and diced green chilies. The amounts can be adjusted to suit your own preferences. Add the egg mixture to the same pan you used to brown the turkey sausage over medium heat. As the eggs begin to set fold in the browned turkey sausage. Just before the eggs are cooked to your desired level of doneness, remove the pan from the heat and set aside.
Set out your six tortillas and put ½ slice of cheese in the center of each tortilla. Evenly divide the egg mixture between each tortilla, roll the tortillas up tightly and store in your refrigerator until you are ready for some breakfast.