This simple homemade lotion is organic and nourishing! Have you ever looked at the ingredients of the store bought lotion you use? It's terrifying. I can't even pronounce most of those things let alone recognize them.
This homemade lotion is make with great organic ingredients to nourish your skin. Also its incredibly easy and fun to make. The best thing about this homemade lotion recipe is that you make it in single batches, and it is so easy customize accordingly to your own preferences. As you can see from the picture I made several different versions, and I make about 4 more jars that I didn’t even photograph. So experiment with these ingredients and see what works best for you!
My two favorite batches used the following:
- Coconut oil, beeswax, jojoboa oil, cocoa butter, and tangerine essential oils.
- Half and half coconut and olive oil, beeswax, vitamin e oil, rosemary essential oils and spearmint essential oils.
Steve’s favorite batch contained coconut oil, beeswax, vitamin e oil, pine essential oil and cedar essential oil. The essential oils in this version made the lotion smell woodsy and masculine.
Easy Homemade Lotion
- 3/4 cup oil of choice (use can use coconut oil, olive oil or almond oil or a mixture)
- 1/4 cup cosmetics grade beeswax
- Fill a sauce pot a few inches with warm water and place over low-medium heat.
- Combine all ingredients into a a mason jar. I mixed mine in pint sized jars, and then stored the finished lotion in half pint mason jars. Put the lid on the mason jar, and place the jar in the pot with warm water.
- The ingredients will slowly begin to melt together. As the ingredients melt shake the jar occasionally to ensure the mixture is well combined.
- Once the lotion mixture is completely melted, pour it into the jar you will be using to store. Once the lotion solidifies it is ready to use!